Monday, June 22, 2009

Boiled Peanuts

Yesterday, we went out to Sandhill to see my daddy for Father's Day. Nicko and my dad really like each other. Kind of weird to look at, but whatever works for them. Parker, of course, had a great time. After all, my daddy does have dogs. LOL. On our way back to the city we stopped and got some boiled peanuts. For those who don't know what this is. They are green peanuts boiled in water and salt. They are DE lightful. Nicko had this banter of "hick food" "gross" "redneck person" all the way to the stand. (actually a man's truck, but who cares). I start eating them in the car, because they are best hot and served with a cold Coca Cola. :) I mean that honestly, of course I think Coke goes with everything, but even Nicko agreed. If you are eating boiled peanuts, drink a coke. Nicko LOVED them. He ate more than I did. :O. I was so proud of him. It was his very first father's day, and he loves boiled peanuts. :). Also, never eat the ones out of a can. If you can't have them fresh, because you live in the North, then wait until you come see me in the months of May-November. :) A man after my own heart. After we got home we just relaxed and played with Parker. I think Nicko actually picked on of his "piles" up. Such a messy boy. Then we watched movies and hung out. I guess that is what he wanted? He never spoke up so...oh well.

DELICIOUS!!!
https://blogger.googleusercontent.com/img/b/R29vZ2xl/AVvXsEgsNfz0iXBW7gloypt_LEhZhA9wFk5ii4v5nY9ElCsa1gnu682L5PzbcZ_L0M5va1czcmYc5QusvctP9MVWWc1IJDPYwbsS-RI6vKM61bJkV-X3M1C7DJ7YZzIZjJb4Z2NuMoHRhHCsbtiR/s400/hot+boiled+peanuts.jpg







Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket

Parker gave Paw Paw a hard time can ya tell?? I mean who would have thought that Parker wouldn't have sat still??

3 comments:

  1. I love boiled peanuts. I only get them when I go to SC, and I haven't had them in years. You made me hungry.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I wanna try boiled peanuts dammit!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I LOVE boiled peanuts! We have an old man down the road who sells them year round! He has regular and cajun...yummy!

    ReplyDelete