Thursday, April 30, 2009

Parenting in the New Millenium!

This is going to definately be an opinion piece and I know everyone is dying for pictures of Parker but alas I am still too lazy to upload them. So I am doing a piece on parenting in this day and age pros and cons or at least my stand point....mostly con what can I say. First of all let me start with a disclaimer any feelings hurt in this I apologize but hey everyone knows I am blunt so oh well. Why I myself do not fit in with this "mom mold" of the day. I do not like Jenny McCarthy by any stretch of the imagination. First of all...she is very against vaccinations. NOT COOL!!!! Second...she claims vaccines made her son autistic but admitted he was very developmentally behind his whole life...sounds like someone is in severe denial and has to have a scapegoat...not to mention she is dating Jim Carey TOTALLY JEALOUS!!! Dr. Sears is another sore spot for me..why you ask? well mostly because I think he is full of crap..kids are kids are kids etc...Kids will live they will get hurt adn they will go about their day...I do not believe in sheltering my child to the point that I am inhibiting his development...for instance not letting him try to sit up because I am scared he is going to fall and then get crazy ideas in my head that he will die from his 1 foot topple to the carpet...gosh come on people!. I also do not believe anyone should tell me how to raise my child. Suggestions/advice will be listened to and then used accordingly. If I like them. I have been called "relaxed" by several people since I have become a parent. Maybe I am. In my defense I am raising a wild child.. I found it best to adopt this attitude as to avoid anxiety medicine at a later date. Oh, and for Dr. Sears never trust someone who is making buckoo bucks off of you. BOTTOM LINE! Last thing that just really kills me is.....People rearranging their schedule for their child..to the point of inconvenience..like not going grocery shopping because you don't want your child out in public they may get sick..well NEWS FLASH they will have NO immune system unless they are exposed to germs to fight off to build said immune system. Oh wow never thought of that huh? So I am sure some people are curious as to what my parenting style is...I am just a mom that does what is best for her baby and has fun doing it..bottom line I will be defined by nothing else..and just for the record...my kid is way advanced so I am clearly doing something right...Pictures tomorrow I promise.

No comments:

Post a Comment